Monday, September 11, 2017

My Coffee Odyssey - Vintage Coffee





Vintage Coffee
091345CDTSep17 

Vintage Coffee reminds me a little of the coffee shop from years ago on Campus Corner in Norman. It is a bit on the dark side, has an eclectic, college campus sort of feel, and they serve really good coffee. In addition to good coffee there is a small selection of cupcakes and pastries for those times when you just must have something to nosh on. There are plenty of small tables spread among different rooms room one can read, work, visit, or just hang out. There are a couple of small “breakout” rooms that can be reserved for privacy. The baristas today are Joy and Ashton. They are friendly and the service is great. This is at least my third visit to Vintage and I can affirm that this is definitely a coffee shop.

Now, regarding the coffee. As always, I am drinking the dark roast, a French roast, if I am correct. The price is definitely right. It is $1.90 for a cup with free refills as long as I am here. That is a pretty good bargain. My coffee today was solidly in the Great! end of my simple coffee scale.

Vintage has not been overly busy when I have been here; however, I tend to visit coffee shops in the mid-afternoon which is not exactly prime time. The first impression is interesting. Don't be confused. What you are looking for is right through that green door. When I walked in the first time it almost felt as though I was walking into a private place of some sort. I suppose you are, in a way. Vintage makes you feel like you have escaped the world for just a bit. I really like this place. It has a comfortable feel that makes it easy to just be here. A big plus is that on none of my visits have there been any teens or people dragging small ones with them. Would I meet you here for coffee? Absolutely. In fact, if you called me for coffee, Vintage would be high on my list of suggestions. So, call me. I’ll buy you a cup.

Joy & Ashton

Disclaimer: I am not a coffee connoisseur. I am just a guy who lies to drink coffee in coffee shops. I tend to think of my coffee in terms of Meh – Okay - Good – Great. Most coffee I drink is okay to good. It has to make an effort to get to Great or Meh. These are just my opinions. Take or ignore them as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment