Tuesday, November 14, 2017

My Coffee Odyssey - Clarity Coffee

Clarity Coffee
141415CSTNOV2017 

Clarity Coffee is on Main Street, nestled under the SE corner of the Arts District parking garage. This is where #MyCoffeeOdyssey finds me on a dreary November day in Oklahoma City. You may have guessed from previous posts that I find the notion of paying to park while grabbing a cup of Joe moderately irritating; however, having the parking garage on top of the shop does make it convenient. Clarity is also conveniently located for the neighborhood business folk. The menu is pretty much limited (as a coffee shop menu should be!) to coffee drinks and a few coffee gowiths. The immediate downside is obvious when you walk in. It is a small venue with a few tables and one lounge type area. (Almost the opposite of last week’s #MyCoffeeOdyssey visit: https://drcameyoneverything.blogspot.com/2017/11/my-coffee-odyssey-all-about-cha.html) The upside is that it has a modern atmosphere, a good play list, and does not seem to be a place where you will have to put up with kids in strollers.

Coffee Bar

All coffee is made to order. My drink today is a moderately dark pour over that falls solidly in the Good to Great range. It did set me back $4.00 for the cup which, I suppose, is not all that bad for a downtown coffee shop in a real city. Unfortunately, that is a per cup price – no refills.

Lounge Seating

All in all, Clarity Coffee seems more geared toward grab and go coffee. One could have a quick meeting here although it would probably be to visit rather than conduct serious business. Since I am writing this as I sit here it is also possible to stay and get some private work done; however, because seating is a bit limited, I am feeling a little guilty as more customers drift in and look like they would really like to have me table. Is Clarity a coffee shop? I would say yes but it is a bit small to meet some of my criteria. Would I meet you here for coffee? The answer is yes, if you call me and you are paying.


Disclaimer: I am not a coffee connoisseur. I am just a guy who lies to drink coffee in coffee shops. I tend to think of my coffee in terms of Meh – Okay - Good – Great. Most coffee I drink is okay to good. It has to make an effort to get to Great or Meh. These are just my opinions. Take or ignore them as you wish. Read more about #MyCoffeeOdyssey at "How this all began."

No comments:

Post a Comment