Tuesday, October 31, 2017

My Coffee Odyssey - The Boxcar

The Boxcar
311430CDTOCT2017

#MyCoffeeOdyssey treat for this chilly Halloween day is a trip to The Boxcar in Moore, Ok. I was visiting recently about my coffee obsession with my friend and State Accrediting Agency colleague Terry Taylor. He recommended I put The Boxcar on my list and, of course, I did and here I am. To be honest, I sort of pictured a converted rail car and was a bit excited. Well, it is not a “real” boxcar. 

A Real Boxcar

The Boxcar may not be a real boxcar, but it is certainly on the right track. The atmosphere is casual. There is lots of seating and the mix has plenty of comfy seating as well tables where one could settle in and get some work done. This is my second visit, and both have been in mid-afternoon when it has been fairly quiet, peopled by adults working, visiting, or just hanging out. I am liking it a lot. One bit of concern is that they have a fairly broad menu board featuring both breakfast and lunch items. On the upside though, they have a beer selection which was unexpected. So, is The Boxcar a coffee shop by my strange definition? I am going to say yes…most of the time. If you are looking for a good place to read, write, visit, or hang out, the breakfast and lunch periods are probably not the time to visit. Any other time? Come on down to Moore!


Coffee Bar 

My coffee, of course, is a dark roast and falls solidly in the Good range. The price point is well thought out. I bought the one refill option for about $3.50. There is a bottomless option for about $4.50. I honestly forgot to ask how much one cup is but, really, who drinks just one cup of coffee?


Seating
(There is plenty more.)

I like the Boxcar. I especially like the fact that it is south of I-240 in Moore. I have visited some good coffee shops on #MyCoffeeOdyssey. Unfortunately, almost all of them have been in north OKC. That is good for some of you, not so good for others. What’s not to like about The Boxcar. It has a pleasant atmosphere. The playlist is quiet and unobtrusive. My baristas Jacob and William are friendly and efficient. Would I meet you here for coffee? Yes, I would. Give me a call next time you are headed down Eastern in Moore. We will have a cup…or two…or three.

Disclaimer: I am not a coffee connoisseur. I am just a guy who lies to drink coffee in coffee shops. I tend to think of my coffee in terms of Meh – Okay - Good – Great. Most coffee I drink is okay to good. It has to make an effort to get to Great or Meh. These are just my opinions. Take or ignore them as you wish. Read more about #MyCoffeeOdyssey at "How this all began."


No comments:

Post a Comment