Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My Coffee Odyssey - District House

District House

031330CDTOCT2017

Fall is trying to find its way into Oklahoma so it is time to get #MyCoffeeOdyssey back on the road. Located in the heart of the Plaza District, District House is right where it belongs. It is squarely between Lyric theatre and the Thelma Gaylord Academy. I have no idea who all these people are in here, but it is easy to imagine they are artists, performers, and entrepreneurs. The layout is perfect. There is a small “café” area as you enter with seating at the bar and tables. The back room is a larger area with plenty of seating and tables where you can work, read, or just enjoy the coffee. The menu is pretty minimal so it is much more coffee house than café. The playlist is pleasant and unobtrusive. District House is certainly a coffee shop!

"Café" Half

I had whatever coffee they had brewed which was a pleasantly dark roast. The price point is not bad - $2.50 for a cup with $1.00 refills. On my amateur scale it is somewhere between Good and Great.

The "Back Room"

This is actually my third or fourth visit to District House. It is always a good stop with good coffee and a pleasing environment. It was busier today than it has been in the past; however, it does not feel “busy.” Almost everyone is working either solo on their laptop or quietly in groups. It is surprisingly quiet given how many fellow coffee drinkers are here. Interestingly, the music volume is perfect. It is just loud enough that people can converse but it holds down (or masks) voices. A big plus is that it does not have any moms with small children to deal with. You could spend an afternoon here and either get a lot done or simply relax. As I said above, “District House is certainly a coffee shop!” I approve and I will be back. Would I meet you here for coffee? Absolutely and I’ll but a cup. Give me a call.

Disclaimer: I am not a coffee connoisseur. I am just a guy who lies to drink coffee in coffee shops. I tend to think of my coffee in terms of Meh – Okay - Good – Great. Most coffee I drink is okay to good. It has to make an effort to get to Great or Meh. These are just my opinions. Take or ignore them as you wish. Read more about #MyCoffeeOdyssey at "How this all began."

No comments:

Post a Comment